Be the first learn about the latest Galapagos news and get the best deals
You are here:The Best Naturalists
"Our naturalist made the difference between a "good" and an "exceptional" experience."
- Hattie Katz : California, USA
Quasar Expeditions has carefully selected only the most knowledgeable, professional and friendly naturalists in the region, with an average of 15 years of experience guiding on the Islands. Our naturalists are professionals who will provide you with all the information you want to know about the wonders you will discover every day. They are also all very well versed in safety and first aid so you know you are in great hands while on your Galapagos travel adventure. Our Galapagos naturalists are experts who are there not only to show you and tell you about nature, but to immerse you in it so that you can greater appreciate and cherish your exploration.
In Galapagos, Quasar Expeditions offers only level-3 licensed guides, the highest level of expertise attainable by a naturalist guide in Galapagos. Below is a list of the requirements that all our guides meet and that is part of a level 3 certification:.
• A University degree in biology, tourism and similar branches
• At least 6 years of experience as a naturalist guide for the Galapagos National Park is required
• Fluency in en and English with many speaking a third language
• To have successfully completed the rigorous Level 3 training course offered by the Park which includes:
1. Safety training for onboard and for when on the islands
2. First Aid training
3. Detailed test of the biology and geology of the islands
4. Problem and emergency management training
© Quasar Expeditions 2013